Embark the ship in Hong Kong.
Day 1: Hong Kong
Arrive in Hong Kong and board Austral. Settle into your cabin and explore the onboard amenities as the vessel sets sail this evening and you sit down to your first gourmet dinner.
Day 2: At Sea
Spend the day at sea as the ship sails towards Haiphong.
Day 3: Haiphong
This morning the ship arrives in Haiphong, located in the delta of the Red river. Haiphong is a pleasant and lively city with picturesque districts brimming with history. Spend the day exploring the ancient colonial city, the craftsmen district, or the pagoda Of Hang.
Day 4: Ha Long Bay (Vietnam)
Wake up to the bewitching sight of Halong Bay, a majestic and mysterious natural wonder. The bay comprises of over 1,000 islands and islets, forming a spectacular seascape of limestone pillars rising from the emerald waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
Day 5: Da Nang (Vietnam
Today the ship arrives at the mouth of the Han River on the South China Sea, at the port of Da Nang. You may join an optional excursion to the riverside town of Hoi An, a World Cultural Heritage has remained unchanged for centuries.
Day 6: Chan May
Arrive at Chan May, centrally located and the gateway to Da Nang, Hoi An, and Hue, a former imperial city. Today Hue is a World Heritage Site. The imposing Imperial Citadel and the serene harmony of the Thien Mu Pagoda are major attractions.
Day 7: At Sea
Spend the day at sea as the ship sails towards Ho Chi Minh City.
Days 8-9: Ho Chi Minh City
Today the ship will sail along the Saigon River to Ho Chi Minh City. Here you will spend the next two days exploring this fascinating city. Founded in the 18th century and formerly known as Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City started as a small commercial port in the Kymer kingdom. A century later it was to become France’s most important colony in the Far East. Today, Ho Chi Minh City is a thriving metropolis which is fast becoming the country’s first city and Vietnam’s economic powerhouse.
Day 10: At Sea
Spend the day at sea as the ship sails towards Bandar Seri Begawan.
Day 11: Bandar Seri Begawan
The arrives at Bandar Seri Begawan, the capital city of Brunei. The city has a number of ornate mosques and local museums displaying Islamic Art and royal regalia.
Day 12: Kota Kinabalu
Your cruise comes to an end this morning as you disembark in Kota Kinabalu for your onward journey.
Disembark the ship in Kota Kinabalu.
- All meals from dinner on the day of embarkation to breakfast on the day of disembarkation
- Welcome aboard and captain’s cocktail parties, gala dinner
- Mineral water, tea, filter coffee, white, red and rosé wines served with meals
- 24 hour room service (selected menu)
- Evening entertainments and events, and/or organised shows
- Porterage from the quayside to the ship and vice versa
- English-speaking guest-speaker (when applicable)
- Water sports activities (except scuba diving) using the ship’s equipment, when permitted by local authorities and confirmed by ship Master according to safety and sea conditions onsite
- Open Bar (pouring wines, house champagne, alcohol except premium brands...list available upon request)
- Flights and transfers
- Beverages, other than those already mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance and medical expenses
- Passport and visa requirements
- nboard purchases
- Optional excursions