Embark the ship in Passau.
Day 1: Passau
Arrive in Passau and check in from 4pm onwards. Settle in to your cabin as the ship sets sail at 5pm and enjoy a Welcome Cocktail as you explore the range of amenities on board. Later this evening you can meet your fellow passengers at a Welcome Dinner on the ship.
Day 2: Melk - Vienna
The ship arrives in Melk where there is an optional morning tour of the Wachau region, incorporating a visit to the impressive Benedictine Abbey at Melk with wine tasting. Arrive in Vienna in the evening where you willl have the chance to join a 'Vienna at Night' or 'Sound of Vienna' excursion, for a unique, after-dark perspective.
Day 3: Vienna
Arrive in Vienna in the morning and explore the city's grand architecture during an optional sightseeing tour. Alternatively, spend some free time discovering the delights of the Austrian capital on your own. In the afternoon you have the chance to visit Schonbrunn Palace.
Day 4: Budapest
The ship docks in Budapest late morning. In the afternoon you can take an optional city sightseeing tour, introducing you to historic Buda and cosmopolitan Best on either side of the Danube. Back on board the ship, you will enjoy a leisurely evening cruise through Budapest, with some traditional folklore entertainment.
Day 5: Budapest - Esztergom
In the morning there will be an optional Puszta excursion, travelling into the Hungarian Plains to see a display of the horsemanship for which the region is famous. Depart Budapest in the afternoon and join an optional excursion to the scenic Danube Bend region, calling at the small artists' settlement of Szentendre and at historic Esztergom, rejoining the ship near Esztergom in the early evening.
Day 6: Bratislava
Today your cruise continues towards the Slovakian capital, Bratislava. You may choose to join the optional sightseeing tour, which reveals the city's impressive history. This l excursion brings you to the Imperial Festival Palace, Castle Hof, a magnificent Baroque complex that was built in the early 18th Century and is immensely rich in culture and heritage.
Day 7: Linz
Arrive in the city of Linz and join an optional city walk. Here you can may observe a wonderful array of architectural styles, an interesting collection of art installations, galleries and active cultural scene.
Day 8: Passau
Arrive in Passau early this morning and disembark after enjoying your final breakfast on board.
Disembark the ship in Passau.
- 7 Nights' accommodation on board the ship
- Full board, including buffet breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and late night snack
- 24 Hour coffee station
- Quality red and white wines served with dinner
- Welcome Cocktail
- Welcome Dinner
- Captain’s Gala Dinner
- Daily music performances by the onboard musicans
- Evening cruise “Budapest by Night” and folklore show
- Services of an experienced, multilingual cruise director
- Port taxes and local taxes
- Modern wireless audiosystem for all excursions during the cruise
- International travel and transfers
- Optional excursions (please ask for details of our optional excursion packages to complement your cruise itinerary)
- Passport and visa requirements
- Insurance and medical expenses
- Personal expenses and onboard purchases
- Beverages other than those already mentioned